Säkring LVR100S

Övriga diskussioner relaterade till komponenter. Exempelvis radiorör, A/D, kontaktdon eller sensorer.
fender__

Säkring LVR100S

Inlägg av fender__ »

Hej

Om ni kollar på denna säkring (länk nedan).
Då står det HOLD CURRENT: 1.0 A och TRIP CURRENT 2.0A? Vad innebär detta?
Är säkringen på 1 eller 2A?

Funkar denna säkring om du har en ström på 1.5A?

https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 9545,d.bGg
SeniorLemuren

Re: Säkring LVR100S

Inlägg av SeniorLemuren »

Länk till nedanstående text och svaret på din fråga
I noticed this type of fuse has 2 amp ratings, “hold” and “trip”. Which one is used to determine when the fuse stops/reduces current?? I would assume the “trip” one would be the right one but after some goggling I’m not so sure. This is how I understand the 2 ratings, correct me if i’m wrong,the “hold” rating is when the fuse starts to increase resistance and the “trip” is when it has completely stopped.

So say I want to protect a 2A circuit which rating should i go by??
Kamiquasi / about 3 years ago / 1
If it’s normally drawing 2A, you’d want one that has a hold of 2A or even a little bit above. The region between hold and trip is basically an unknown state in which it may proceed to trip, or it may be fine. The trip current is where they know with high certainty, for a given ambient temperature (check the datasheet of the devices you’d be looking at!) that the package will not be able to dissipate the heat generated quickly enough and thus cause an escalation of the resistance.

One thing you may want to keep in mind as well is what you’re trying to protect your circuit from, and how critically so. Scouring Digikey for a component, Ihold at 2A gives me a minimum Itrip of 3.5A - but at that 3.5A, it’ll take quite a while for it to actually reach that trip ‘point’ (checked 2 manufacturers). You can see that in the datasheet for this fuse as well - “Time to trip” is stated as a maximum of 2.5 seconds at 1.25A in 20°C.. but if you look to the left, the ‘trip current’ at 20°C is said to be 0.5A - so it’ll take a fair bit longer. If that’s not acceptable for your use case, you may have to check alternatives.
Användarvisningsbild
TomasL
EF Sponsor
Kontakt:

Inlägg av TomasL »

Du kan inte köra mer än 1A genom den.
Strömmar däröver kan lösa ut den, speciellt efter en tid.
Den löser garanterat inom angivna tid vid en ström om 2A eller över.
Pucco

Inlägg av Pucco »

Det här är ingen säkring i egentlig mening. Det är en effektbegränsare och enda det skyddar mot är brand vid långvarig överlast.
Det är ett olinjärt PTC-motstånd som snabbt ökar resistansen vid en viss temperatur.
Vid trip-temperaturen stiger resistansen och värmeutvecklingen ökar så att man hamnar i ett stabilt läge där hold-strömmen och PTC-resistansen ger en effektutveckling som balanserar mot avkylning mot omgivningen.

Värdet på trip/hold-strömmarna är starkt beroende av omgivningstemperaturen och hur luften kan cirkulera runt den. Typiskt så varierar strömmarna en faktor 4 mellan -20C och +70C.

Den är väldigt långsam och skyddar inte elektronik särskilt bra. Det enda den är bra för är att begränsa effekt vid kortslutning.
Skriv svar