Software engineer sökes till AkzoNobel AB

JonHart

Software engineer sökes till AkzoNobel AB

Inlägg av JonHart »

Responsibility

As a software engineer you will be part of the RD&I team working with machine solutions for application of our adhesive and coating systems. Together with project teams you will develop new machine solutions as well as update and continuously improve existing solutions, to fulfill and exceed the demands from our customers for the latest innovations.

The main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Support our move to Industry 4.0 and IIoT. Be part of an exciting time with big influence on the wood industry's evolvement.
• Developing control systems for our machine solutions in close cooperation with sales, marketing and other RD&I teams.
• Developing accompanying software solutions which communicate with our machines.
• Continuously improving current machine and software solutions based on feedback from customers and sales.
• Last line support for critical problems at customers.

The position requires travelling to customers for approximately 30-50 days/year to understand the customer needs for new machine solutions as well as to make prototype installations and trials.

Job requirements/Candidate profile

A degree within engineering, preferably Master of Science, with relevant engineering areas being: automation, mechatronics and electro. Experience from working with automation for the process or manufacturing industry, or similar areas, with experience from the wood working industry considered an advantage.

Knowledge and experience from PLC or machine programming in C as well as software development in C# is a requirement and a familiarity with SQL is an advantage.

As a person you are driven, analytical, results oriented and structured. As you will be working in a small team you will be responsible for your own planning and making sure that each part of the solutions you are developing meets our customer's requirements. You should have a basic electrical and mechanical know-how as you will be required to troubleshoot and install sensors and other equipment by yourself.

You are a good communicator, both in writing and verbally, with a highly flexible customer focus. Fluent in Swedish and English. Speaking German is considered an advantage.

Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/ ... e25d945704
Findecanor

Re: Software engineer sökes till AkzoNobel AB

Inlägg av Findecanor »

Buzzwords som "Industry 4.0" och "IIoT"? Tror ni verkligen att det lockar?
Det är väl snarare att ni stöter bort folk. Iaf mig.
Användarvisningsbild
Swech
EF Sponsor
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Swech »

Är det inte så att forumet har fått en respekterad plats för just elektronik och industri, om man vill
hitta folk med kompetens så kan man söka här.
Och om man som medlem inte bara kan läsa projekttrådar utan även hitta platsannonser
så är det en oerhört positiv utveckling.
Men inte då... nu är det andra tråden på kort tid där man ber de som söker folk
att vänlig men bestämt dra åt :evil: eftersom det är "fel" i platsannonserna.....

Swech
Användarvisningsbild
sodjan
EF Sponsor
Kontakt:

Inlägg av sodjan »

Buzz worden blundar jag bara för och försöker se vad det hela handlar om.
Och min tolkning är att det verkar som ett intressant jobb. Jag bryr mig
lika lite om "Master of Science", hellre att man har jobbat några decennier
i industrimiljö. Personligen har jag inget alls mot dessa annonser...
Användarvisningsbild
Krille Krokodil

Inlägg av Krille Krokodil »

Industry 4.0 är numera konkret verklighet, ex. OPC UA som jag har valt att använda i det projektet jag jobbar med nu:
OPC UA has already become the de facto standard for the automation market and Industrie 4.0. In combination with TSN communication, OPC UA will also be real-time-capable. This is not to propagate another fieldbus, but to create a predictable time basis for the exchange of SoA services. Some challenges, such as the configuration of complex TSN networks, have yet to be resolved. This is why the OPC Foundation is not actively promoting OPC UA and TSN at this time. However, OPC UA is covering a growing range of communication scenarios, which makes it increasingly difficult for suppliers to justify proprietary solutions. Products will increasingly differentiate themselves based on the features of the device itself or of external services, not the interface. In the future we will see rapid growth in the information models of additional industries, as OPC UA is the preferred platform of the world’s largest ecosystem for interoperability.
https://www.automation.com/automation-n ... out-opc-ua
Gimbal

Inlägg av Gimbal »

"Konkret verklighet"
Mja, finns det ens en definition av vad Industri 4.0 är?
Vilka kriterier ska uppfyllas för att man ska kunna hävda att man stöder Industri 4.0 fullt ut.

Jag vet vad den stora drömmen innebär, i drömvärlden. I verkliga världen är det lite svårare att sätta fingret på det.
Användarvisningsbild
sodjan
EF Sponsor
Kontakt:

Inlägg av sodjan »

För mig är det lite som "Internet 2.0" eller något annat där X.0 används för
att försöka rama in något som man anser vara nytt och revolutionerande.
Oftast är det bara vanlig löpande utveckling av tekniken. Lite som ISA-95,
ser snyggt ut på PowerPoint, men svårt att implementera "rent" i verkligheten.

Angående OPC UA så har jag kollat på: http://www.rovisys.com/Products/OPCUAforOpenVMS.aspx
Vi har idag en hel del PLC kommunikation där PLC programmet och våra OpenVMS program
kommunicerar direkt över en TCPIP socket. Bra svarstider, 14-15 ms för att skicka ett resultat
från en PLC, lagra det i databasen på OpenVMS miljön och skicka ett "OK" tillbaka till PLC.
Jag är inte helt "vän" med UPC UA's "data point" tänkande. Det blir en massa pollande av
dessa värden och man får inte samma "on demand" kommunikation. Kanske att "Subscriptions"
kan vara en väg. Hur som helst, det verkade som att PLC killarna hellre kör med vanliga TCPIP
sockets, det är ett fåtal befintliga PLC som stöder OPC-UA...
Skriv svar